Friday, October 10, 2014

The Next 5000 days

Rhymes of History Future Evolution of Connection

How will the Internet evolve over the next 5000 days?  According to Kelly the future of the Internet and how we connect and share data will be transformed as everything will have a place on the Internet. He further states total transparency is necessary for the process of giving everything data space (Kelly, 2007).  I wonder whether world will be ready for total transparency?  what I have noticed from social networking is that the younger generation have no problem with transparency, but older generations are not eager to share every detail of their lives.  I for one (I am older) post very little personal information.  I suppose this is a "Ry me of History" as referred to by Thornberg (Laurette, 2009). I think it is much like using a Social Security number as a unique identifier, but the data identifier placed on a specific location in the cloud will be much more complex as it will show how everything relates to all the components of connection.  I think of the chair I am sitting in at this particular time, If this was the future you could click on my link and find out I am sitting on a chair, the chair is linked to a table that is linked to the computer I am typing on, and we are all linked to the Startbucks I am sitting in.  I wonder if you know what I am typing or what I am thinking?

The Next 5000 Days

Kelly, K. (2007, December). Kevin Kelly on the next 5,000 days of the Web [Speech]. Speech delivered at the EG 2007 Conference, Los Angeles. Retrieved fromhttp://www.ted.com/talks/kevin_kelly_on_the_next_5_000_days_of_the_web.html

Laurete Education, Inc. (2009).  Emerging and future technologies: Rhymes of History.  

Responded To: 

http://randompinkrain.wordpress.com/2014/09/25/tetrad-of-brain-command-interfaces/comment-page-1/#comment-12

http://cottrellsidblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/rhymes-of-history-technology.html?showComment=1413165722638#c1100592031752975458





2 comments:

  1. I think the world will embrace transparency, but I am sure that the adoption will be out of necessity. What I think might be an interesting study would be to look at the adoption bell curve and compare it to ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,

    I think you and I have some things in common. I don't really post alot of information online myself. Personally I think that too much technology can be harmful if not used in the right way. I know that the future holds great possibilities for the use of the internet but with so many cyber security threats today, what do you think can be done to possibly eliminate these threats with today's technology?

    Great Post!

    ReplyDelete